Features and Benefits of the ArcSafe Welding Screen
and the Flame Retardant Canvas
At Elliotts, we provide the best protection for your workplace. Our Welding screens ensure that you are covered, our screens are the only ones in Australia certified to Australian Standards.
ArcSafe Welding Screens
ArcSafe Welding Screens absorb the dangerous ultraviolet light that is emitted from the arc welding process making it the perfect option for a shared workspace where not everyone will be wearing welding appropriate PPE all the time and because the ArcSafe® welding screen is transparent it allows workers to see if it is safe to enter the area.
Additional benefits include:
- Surrounding your welding stations with safety
- Protecting your co-workers and other people from the painful effects of accidental welding flash
- Safely and quickly defining hazardous welding areas
- Allowing safe observation for a safety check of welding operations
- All seams are welded not sewn, for extra durability and strength
- Eyelets 200mm on 4 sides
- Amber Luminance factor – C3
- Available in a range of widths
- Static and mobile frames are available in a number of sizes in standard and heavy-duty material.
- Product Certified: Elliott ArcSafe welding screens are certified to Australian Standard AS3957/NZ5852:2006 Light transmitting screens and curtains for welding operations by SAI Global.
Colours and Luminance Transmittance
ArcSafe welding screens are available in two colours: Red and Green. The Luminance Transmittance is the ratio of the luminance of a source of the light when viewed through a curtain or screen, to the luminance of that source when viewed directly.
Flame Retardant Canvas Screen
Similar to the ArcSafe Welding Screen, the FR Canvas Screen absorbs the dangerous ultraviolet light that is emitted from the arc welding process making, although the FR Canvas is more robust and durable. Its additional thickness in material allows for the Canvas Screen to be able to withstand splatter and dross.
Additional benefits include:
- Cost effective robust flame retarded screens
- Made from heavy duty (heavy gouging) canvas
- Can withstand spatter from welding
- Ideal as a non-translucent barrier between work areas or passageways
- Ideal as a barrier against sparks, generated from grinding or cutting
- Brass eyelets 200mm on all 4 sides
- Custom sizes available on request
- Also available to order on the roll by request
- Static and mobile frames available in a number of sizes in standard and heavy-duty materials.
Whether an ArcSafe Welding Screen or FR Canvas Screen is the best choice for you, Elliotts has the quality safety protection you need. For more information, see our Welding Screens, Blankets and Drapes page. Speak to one of our team members by calling us on 07 3265 2944 or sending us a message through our Contact page.