- Contributing in other ways to improve the lives of the people they affect, such as by creating decent jobs, goods and services that help meet basic needs, and more inclusive value chains.
- Making strategic social investments and promoting public policies that support social sustainability.
Read our article, Preventing Workplace Injuries and Controlling Risk.
What Does a Socially Sustainable Organisation Look Like?
Some achievable actions you can take to operate as a socially sustainable organisation include:
- Eliminating any hint of modern slavery in your business and supply chain
- Managing risks to the mental health and wellbeing of your workforce
- Ensuring parity between mental and physical health
- Investing in your people and ensuring they have the skills to operate safely
- Reducing the risk of workers being injured and being made ill by work
- Ensuring fair pay and treatment
- Providing a good place to work for your employees
- Taking a person-centred approach that builds the mutual respect of their workforce.
Your organisation’s values should always inform the above actions. Remember to measure your steps and feed them back into your reports for investors, shareholders and employees. After all, others should recognise and reward your socially sustainable practices through loyalty to your company and brand.
Read our article, 9 Ways to Provide an Integrated Approach to Workplace Mental Health.
How Can Tap into Safety Support Social Sustainability?
In the Tap into Safety Integrated eLearning Platform’s course library, there are several microlearning courses to help you to manage and improve the skills, knowledge and experience of your employees. For example, in the Governance category, there are courses on:
In the Mental Health Literacy Category, there are courses on:
And, the Safety category has numerous courses to keep your employees, contractors and visitors safe.
How Does the Platform Work?
The Platform has over 110 courses that cover general safety, leaders, managers and supervisors soft skills, compliance, governance and mental health literacy. Courses can be completed online, and on smart devices, they draw on a microlearning and interactive delivery format and have a robust assessment. The software can be hyperlinked from your existing systems, is simple to use with a consistent flow. As one client remarked when we asked our customer base what they like about the Platform:
Everything. It is simple to use and the access to so many and varied courses that cover varying topics relevant to many industries makes it very engaging. The fact that each course is up-to-date, relevant and compliant provides reassurance to the trainer that they may have overlooked. . It has drawn me in so often just to explore and examine the breadth of material available.
In addition, there are numerous LMS features such as assigning pass rates, assigning courses, and using our API’s to get the results back into your reporting programs. We also support workers with low literacy and where English is not the first language and even offer courses in multiple languages. And, we offer customised safety inductions and include your policies and procedures. Finally, we can customise the courses in the library to suit your organisation’s needs as well as write new customised courses for you or upload your video content and create assessments.
Contact us today for a demo or try our free trial to get a taste of the look and feel of the training.