As an employer, you need to promote and enforce the use of eye protection when it is necessary. Educate your workers about the importance of eye protection so they will automatically reach for it before they put their eye health at risk.
Safety glasses provide good protection. They provide even better protection if they properly fit and are cared for. According to OSHA requirements, employees must receive training in care, maintenance and disposal of all PPE (personal protective equipment).
OSHA offers these tips regarding the care and cleaning of safety eyewear:
- Replace scratched lenses.
- Disinfect eye protection that has been worn by one worker before giving to another worker.
- Clean and disinfect regularly.
- Store in a case to keep them well protected and prevent damage to the frame, nose pads and temples.
- Store in a clean, dust-proof container to ensure they stay clean and protected.
- Ensure a proper fit so employees are completely protected. This includes all types of face protection.
When you need to provide workers with the supplies they need to stay safe on the job, count on Seton. Give us a call at 877-859-2155 or visit www.seton.com and we can help you select the safety products you need.