There have been 1,335,055 total COVID cases, including 21,960 deaths in the state since the pandemic began.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported testing 108,063 specimens for a total of 22,666,333 since the pandemic began.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 23-29, is 4%.
As of Thursday night, 2,024 patients in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 475 patients were in the ICU and 235 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
DuPage County kicked off a campaign Friday to get 80% of residents vaccinated by July 1. The mass vaccination site at the county fairgrounds will begin giving walk-in shots starting Saturday.
Currently about 60% of county residents have gotten at least their first dose, but 80% is the amount many health experts say will provide herd immunity.
“We don’t know that 80 may be the magic number, but it is a significant number and will move us very, very much further to getting on the other side of this pandemic,” said Karen Ayala, executive director of the DuPage County Health Department.
A total of 11,687,325 doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago.
A total of 9,259,706 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of Thursday night. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 92,747 doses. There were 103,717 doses reported administered in Illinois Thursday.
With an increase in vaccine supply has come a waning interest. Health experts believe on issue could be that people not directly impacted by COVID-19 may not feel like vaccination is a priority.
In DuPage County, 88% of people over the age of 65 have gotten at least one shot. The group they are now targeting is the 20-40 age group.
The deaths reported Friday include:
– Christian County: 1 female 80s
– Cook County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 80s,
– DeKalb County: 1 female 50s
– DuPage County: 1 male 50s 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s
– Kane County: 1 female 40s
– Kankakee County: 1 female 80s
– Lake County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s
– LaSalle County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 90s
– Lee County: 1 male 60s
– McDonough County: 1 male 60s
– McHenry County: 1 male 60s
– Peoria County: 1 female 60s
– Tazewell County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
– Will County: 1 male 90s
– Williamson County: 1 female 80s
– Winnebago County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s
– Woodford County: 1 male 50s
Copyright © 2021 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.